We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are based on “B“ themes such as Birthday, Bride or Baby. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I had to do a special card for today and not just because it's blog hop day, but today is my mom's birthday! She loves purple and yellow flowers so I made this just for her. I do hope she knows how much I love her and forgives me for sending the real card late.
It's the first time I made a twist easel card. It will mail flat as shown above, but when she opens it she can set it up as an easel and display it with the twist. Either way it will stand up to display.
The card is square 5" x 5" and so the card base is 10" x 5" scored in the middle at 5" and then one half is scored on the diagonal. The frame is an additional 5" x 5" piece decorated separately and attached to only half of the diagonal.
Using the Botanical Builder Framelist I created the flowers. I used Perfect Plum and Daffodil Delight colors. The Perfect Plum marker was used to make little marks from the inside up to give the petals some texture.
The background is made with the Sheltering Tree stamp set by stamping the leaf part of the tree multiple times. I wanted the whole picture to look like it was framed so I cut the frame out and scored the Perfect Plum border. I also finally found a use for those very tiny pearls. I think they make a nice addition to the background.
Happy Birthday Mom!! I hope you enjoy your card.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. My list of supplies is after the list of hoppers below. I hope to see you at next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Nicole Everitt at Stamp Scrap Love
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen's Stampin' Habit!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Kim Jolley at Stampin' Artfully
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin'
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin' Jackie
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin'
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Amy Hoptay at CraftCarnivore