Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for April 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are all about our families. This is a great time of year to think about what to make for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or upcoming graduations. And, family vacations are just around the corner… how would you want to remember those special family moments? We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Below is a birthday card for dear friend who turned 90 on Sunday. Technically he's not family, but he was a neighbor for many years and now a dear friend, so a different kind of family. At any rate, I think turning 90 is a pretty wonderful day not to mention Jerry still paints. Jerry is an artist. He just recently had another art show opening locally and his work is in two other studios. Still painting at 90. I hope I'm still making cards at 90. I was invited to his birthday party this past weekend and here is the card I made for him:
I imagine this is Jerry's art (well, his is better) hanging on someone's wall for all to see. Of course I had to use the Work of Art stamp set. Below I used the Fun Frames embossing folders and cut it out to hang on the wall as his frame. I should mention this card measures 4 1/2" x 6 1/4" so it is a bit larger than the normal A2 size, but it's a bit larger of a birthday milestone.
You an also see in this photo below that I created a molding and scored the lower part of the wall to give it texture like paneling.
Using the Pictogram Punches stamp set and punch I cut out the vase and punched flowers. I added small pearls and some green to make a floral vase bouquet. I've always been told to add green to flowers to help it look more real. I was going to add leaves, but decided it was just too late at night when I was working on this to try and fussy cut leaves.
And of course I just thought it was funny to add a mouse hole. Didn't have a mouse stamp, but I cut the cheese. No pun intended.
The inside message of course says "You are a fabulous work of art" so fitting for such a talented artist and kind man. Happy birthday Jerry!!
And of course our beloved artist and 90 year old birthday boy in his T-shirt that says "I intend to live forever, so far, so good" and his red sneakers.
And yes, there were 90 candles on the cakes (45 each) and a team of 5 lighting fast. Jerry blew them all out.
We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin' Jackie
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Debra Simonis at Deb's Stampin' Grounds
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin'
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Karen Zaring Browning at Karen Zaring Browning
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin'
- Debbie Crowley at Expressivley Deb