Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
The idea of textures sort of took over my card this month. I just couldn't stop myself. The look of wood and distress with the look of tea lace doilies with glossy flowers all seemed fun to mix up. I started with the Hardwood background and wanted to add the tea lace doilie but when I put it on the card it wasn't enough texture so I folded it up. Now the tea lace doilie sort of looks like a heart if you squint and look real hard.
I scored the Labels Framelit to give it some light texture as well and I like the feel of the "Thanks" greeting die cut. The frame, flowers and greeting are all popped up and I paper pierced the Labels framelit. While I used mostly current product, I also used the new In-Color that will be available June 1. It's called Sweet Sugarplum. Yum! I used it to color the tea lace and cut out the thanks. I also blended it with Blushing Bride to color the flowers.
I added Crystal Effects to the flowers to give them some shine. I also fussy cut the flowers out with my tiny paper scissors. I mean tiny....smaller than snips.
I know you have a lot of wonderful blogs to visit today. I thank you for stopping by and invite you to leave a comment.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. My list of supplies is below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin' Pretty
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly's Creative Corner
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin'
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin' Jackie
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin' Sunshine
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Kim Jolley at Stampin' Artfully
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin'
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Nicole Everitt at Stamp Scrap Love